The latest in the series of professional development events supported by Creative Remedies and Praxis was held on 27th September. The presentation on branding made by Mark Yorke of Born Communication is available to download here. The presentation on Social Media by Alison Finn of Audiences Central is available to download here.
Following the event, attendees compiled the ten top tips that they had gained from the session:
- Make the most of social media – Facebook, Twitter, Linked In.
- Create a brand – make sure your logo is scalable to be used on all marketing materials
- Know and listen to your target audience
- Find your unique selling point
- Sum yourself up in 140 characters or less (for Tweeting), make it human
- Create a profile on Creative Remedies website
- Get a friend to write Facebook entries and tweets to promote you
- Be able to pitch in one minute
- Update your profiles regularly
- Balance the amount of time you spend online with work time
This series of events is part of a programme to develop an artists led network for Staffordshire. The next step for the network will be discussed in the next event, focusing on Tender Writing, on Tuesday 8th November, 6pm in Stafford. For more details or to register your interest in contributing to the network, please contact email@example.com.